Most features in the magazine follow:
The use of First/Second/Third person words are dependent upon the choose of the author and/or editor.
- Standard journalism pieces use formal third person consistently throughout.
- Examples: Wildlife in Appalachian Mountains, Bill to Help Military Assault Victims, Maintaining Heritage and Identity in Modern Taiwan.
- Pieces with personal anecdotes or observation use first and second person at own discretion.
- Examples: Sustaining A Vegan Diet.
- Pieces that directly address the reader use second person at discretion.
- Example: Sustaining Your Pets in College, Sustaining Grades: Quick Tips, Sustaining a Healthy Social Media Presence.
- The subject matter of the topic or issue will dictate whether the tone of the article is formal third person or informal with first and second person pronouns.
- Are allowed to be used at the discretion of the author of the article
Assigned to Niki Folk
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.